Fishing is an ancient practice that dates back over 40,000 years. Although the technique and equipment has changed over the years, fishing is still widely practiced all over the world. Today fishing is mostly known as a leisure sport enjoyed by many from all walks of life.
Recreational fishing is enjoyed in many different geographical locations, types of water and temperatures. The four major categories of fishing are inshore, offshore, saltwater and freshwater. Depending on your location and the type of fish you like to go after will mostly determine what kind of fishing you do or enjoy.
Today we are giving you 15 gifts for the fishing lover in your life. However since we are all about sports of the Gulf Coast we will show ideas of gifts that may be specific to fishing in the Gulf Coast Region. Unless specified toward saltwater or offshore most fishing equipment is versatile and can be used anywhere you fish.
Here are 15 Gifts for the fish lover in your life:
1. Boom Fishing H1 Stainless Steel Fishing Pliers - Good for cutting line, removing hooks, this is something everyone that fishes should have in their tackle box. Stainless Steel, strong and durable and comes with a belt holder and lifetime guarantee.
2. Mango Spot LCD Digital Hanging Scale - This is perfect for anyone that wants to know how big the fish they just caught is. Especially helpful for tournament fishing where weight of your catch is important. It is portable with a metal hand strap. Stainless steel durable hook. Automatic calculation with digital readout. Runs on AAA batteries.
3. Lazer Sharp Pier/Jetty Saltwater Tackle Kit - With an assortment of hooks, sinkers, rigs, and tackle for numerous inshore or coastal fishing, this is a great gift. Contains 30 pieces and comes in a reusable plastic fishing box. A great kit for anyone that fishes in saltwater could use. and want.
4. Rapala Marine Fisherman Glove - Not every person that fishes uses these but they should. Perfect for grabbing fish without getting your hands slimy or smelling like fish. True it is hard to reel in these gloves, but perfect to wear on the hand you don not reel with. Made of a non slip, rubber , cotton, polyester blend. Good for fresh or saltwater. Designed to float. Machine washable.
5. Dockside Matrix Shad Lemon Head - This is the most popular lure sold by Matrix Shad. For saltwater use the bright lemon color is great when fishing for trout all year round. Other fish will also attack this lure as it takes the light from the surface and makes it almost glow underwater. If you fish in saltwater this is a must have lure.
6. Humminbird PiranhaMax Color Fishfinder - This is a gift that would only be good for those that have a boat when they fish. For those that do a inexpensive fishfinder is great to have. Looking for that fishing hole in the middle of a lake or open body of water, this will tell you if the fish are under the boat. Dual beam sonar. 3.5" display. 240H x 320V resolution. 256 color screen. Capable of 600ft depth.
7. Stern High Impact Fishing Line - At some point no matter how much you fish or where you fish, you need to change the line on your fishing reel. Stern is one of the best most reliable and most durable lines on the market.
8. Folding Portable Fish Fillet Cleaning Table With Sink - A perfect table for the house or the camp. Portable, lightweight and best of all it has a sink. Just hook a hose to it and the sink works. Put a bucket underneath for drainage and easy clean up. Great if you don't want to clean fish on the top of your ice chest or on your counter when you get home.
9. Rapala Deluxe Electric Fillet Knife - Although there is nothing against a regular fillet knife an electric one makes cleaning those fish so much easier and faster. Rapala is one of the most durable and reliable electric knives on the market today. Has a relax grip body. Includes a 110v ac, 12v post clips and 12v lighter plug. Quiet motor. 18ft power cord.
10. Flying Fisherman Polarized Sunglasses - Anyone that fishes should have and wear a pair of polarized sunglasses. The polarization removes the glare off the water allowing you to see better and reduces fatigue on the eyes. Great for those that sight fish as you can see the fish below the water without the glare. Lightweight and durable. Scratch and impact resistance lenses. 95% UVA and UVB protection.
11. Ready to Fish Soft Sided Tackle Bag - A durable bag designed to store and protect all you fishing tackle. Multiple storage compartments. Padded shoulder strap for comfort when carrying. A great versatile bag fro wherever you fish. Lightweight with a lot of great features at a great price.
12. Igloo Marine Cooler - Igloo is a leader in cooler technology. Need a place to keep your fish after you catch them or a place to keep your drinks and sandwiches then this cooler is great for either. Hold ice up to 3 days at 90 degrees fahrenheit. Cool riser technology for improved airflow underneath improving cooling performance. UV resistant exterior. Swing up handles for easy carrying.
13. Boonie Bush Safari Brim Hat With Neck Flap - Something not enough people that fish take seriously and that is sun protection. It is one thing to spray some sunscreen on, but you need to protect your head which also keeps your body cooler. This is a lightweight hat with 3" brim and neck flap for sun protection. 4 grommet eyelets with mesh screen for breathability. Chinstrap with cord lock to help you form losing it. 60% cotton and 40% polyester material.
14. Columbia Men's Terminal Tackle Long Sleeve Polo - This is another great product for sun protection. Lightweight and breathable to wear while fishing during the summer. Moisture wicking and UPF 50 sun protection. Quick dry fabric. 100% polyester. An added benefit of this shirt is that is is also stylish. Good for days on a boat even when you're not fishing.
5. Abu Garcia Ora SX Fishing Reel - Abu garcia is a leader in fishing reels.. All their products are tested for quality and durability. This is a great reel for fresh or saltwater fishing. Made with high quality components. Professional grade.
The above mentioned gift ideas are not in any order, but are considered to be 15 of the top 50 gift products in the fishing industry. Get the fishing lover in your life one of these and you can't go wrong. The other great way to figure out a gift is to ask what that person what he/she may need or want. When it comes to fishing most people are not shy about expressing what they like best, need the most or want the baddest. Have another idea of a gift leave it in the comments below. Our readers ad ourselves would appreciate it.